Polarizing filter?

What is this thing behind the tv anchor woman? Is it a polarizing filter or just a fancy way to dim down the bright outdoors?

3 responses to “Polarizing filter?”

  1. It’s a screen to cut down the brightness of the background when filming outdoor scenes. In my experience, it’s called a flag, since it usually is mounted on only one c-stand (a kind of universal stand with lots of clamps, thus “c-stand”). It can also be placed overhead or on the side or wherever you need to cut down on the light hitting the subject.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.