A few links to sites of interest I ran across this week:
- One Fell Swoop Marketing — A very unique marketing insight.
- Here’s a fellow singing on Britain’s Got Talent. — Cool video.
- Yahoo Finance Widget — Very nicely designed.
- A sweet poster! — So true!
- ‘Day One’ for Safari for Windows Becomes Zero-Day Nightmare — i knew something was going to happen.
- How the Presidents Stack Up — Very cool research!
- Peel Interactive — Sweet stuff.
- GreenEnergyTV.com — A nice little niche market.
- iShowU — Screen recording software for Mac.
- Ellington is an online publishing system designed from the ground up for media sites. — Expensive CMS, but for a big media site probably worth it.
- 5 Question Interview with Twitter Developer Alex Payne — A good read. (Via Ryan Thrash)
- O brother. where art thou — Oh yeah!!
- Dan Tyminski & Ron Block – I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow — Oh yeah! (Via Kent)
- Louder Voice — Neat idea (Via Ben)
4 responses to “Chris’ Weekend Links – June 16th”
Man, that guy singing on Britian’s got Talent made me tear up! I love it when guys like that get a break.
O Brother, Where Art Thou? is one of the greatest films of all time. If just for the Homer derivation. The song introduced me to bluegrass and I’ve never turned back. This coming from an island boy who grew up on calyso and reggae!
That CMS Solution is awwesome, if pricey. One day, mebbe i’ll be able to offer it as a solution to my clients.
Ellington is cool and I believe it’s powered by Django. What’s cool about this framework is that once you build your data models, it creates the admin interface for you.
Wilson Miner provides a cool tutorial on getting a portfolio up and running quickly on Django, using no real custom code.
Yeah, Ellington is based on Django. Andy Ferra tells me that Django originally started with http://www.lawrence.com which is one of the sites managed by Ellington.
Thanks for mentioning Green Energy TV! They have a cool site and some great videos. I know people can upload their videos by going to http://www.greenenergytv.com and there is a button to Watch and one to Upload your videos on.
Thanks for the tip!