Our client needed a blog platform that runs on Windows servers, and developed in .NET. While we haven’t yet chosen a solution, I found a few possibilities and wanted to share my research.
- Ektron CMS4000.NET
- DasBlog looks interesting, they have been running this project for several years.
- Blogtronix looks better than DasBlog from a design perspective. They also have a demo.
- Allinta is more of a CMS engine.
- dBlog CMS is from Italy and may be written in ASP.
- Vinetype looks promising. You can go to vinetype.org to see an example.
- CommunityServer looks to be a full featured engine. You can go to communityserver.com for a hosted version.
- Subtext is a branch of .Text.
- eActivated Portal Framework
That’s it! If you know of any others, feel free to leave a comment and I will update this list. I’ll mention as well, that WordPress and most PHP / MySQL apps can be run on a Windows server if you install them.