Building momentum in business is sometimes difficult. I sometimes ponder other web companies ability to crank out products quickly. Ideas aren’t worth much if you can’t make them a reality, fast. There are a surprising number of companies that are able to get a lot of stuff done. How do they do it?
Well, here are some thoughts:
- Making Decisions Fast — Don’t sweat over decisions. Successful people make decisions fast. In most situations, making a fast decision is to your benefit, and in more than half of the situations, you can probably change your mind later.
- Just Start — At some point you have to stop planning, and actually start. Doing this sooner, rather than later, is key. Doing stuff vs. talking about it.
- Outsource/Delegate — Attempting to do everything in business is a recipe for disaster. If you’re not good at one aspect of running a business, outsource it. You’ll get more done than you would have by opening up time to do the things you love. And you will be happier.
- Focus — The ability to reduce your distractions and control your work environment means more than anything. Being able to focus means you’re not worried about a deadline tomorrow, and you have time to do a great job.
- Really Spreading the Workload — There are a lot of people out there who work in their own tiny world despite having willing coworkers. Whatever you are doing in your business, if you evenly spread the workload around it makes the project half the size. Try it.
What are some ways you have built momentum in your business?